Happy Wednesday Swimmers!
* Remember to pay your November Dues on or before November 10 to avioid a late penalty. You can also set up bill pay with your bank to have the monthly dues automatically sent by your bank. If you opt for this, you should have your bank send your dues to: Almaden Riptides; c/o Karen Rockwell; 6856 Bret Harte Drive; San Jose, CA 95120.
* There will be Saturday practice this weekend.
* Great turnout at the team dinner Monday night! It was nice seeing the families away from the pool. A big thank you to Marie Keith for coordinating this fundraising event!
* Fantastic swim meet last weekend! We had a ton of new time standards achieved and best times! Highlights will come out soon.
*Swim Meet Calendar:
Nov 22-23: Cranberry Classic (Team Travel Meet)
Nov 22-23: QSS/Cruz Race to JO's
Dec 5-7: Winter 14 & Under Age Group Championships (Qualifiers)
Dec 5-7: WCAB SR 2 T&F
January 17-18: Zone 1 South Championships (We will only be swimming one of the two days. More details will come out when known)
February 14-16: Lost Dutchman Invitational (Team Travel Meet)
* Enter the QSS/Cruz Race to JO's meet ASAP. For most families, this is the last meet of the year before Zone Champs in January. For new families: Your swimmer must swim in at least one event to be eligible for Zone Champs.
* Senior Swimmers/Parents: Reed from Norcal Swim Shop will be coming down on Friday, November 21, to give a talk on the opportunities of swimming in college. If there is any family that would like to use their home for this talk, please let Kyle know. Otherwise, we will look into getting a room at the library.
* Reed will also be at the pool on November 21st for fittings and sales during practice. This is a great opportunity to get Holiday/Christmas gifts. It is also a good opportunity to purchase clear goggles, now that it is dark for practice.
* We will be putting in an order for personalized silicone caps as well as regular silicone caps. We need to order a minimum of 25 caps. Please let Kyle know if you are interested. Last year, the cost was around $25 per pair of personalized caps or $11 for one plain silicone cap.
As the weather is cooling, we'll begin our Hot Chocolate Days for our swimmers! Mark these dates on your calendar:
Wed, Nov. 12
Tues, Nov. 25